From Seafest on Facebook April 2018:
Hello Alert Bay! It is with great regret to inform you that Seafest and Musicfest will be taking a break for 2018.
The 11th Annual Artfest will still be taking place! And will be working with the community to ensure that some extra magic takes place that weekend. Please contact Artfest if you have any ideas or want to get involved! And keep watching as events will be posted as they unfold.
We hope for the community members and businesses to get involved that weekend to celebrate what we have here!
Some IDEAS so far:
– encourage local businesses to run sales/specials (similar to moonlight madness)
– encourage local businesses to host bands, run events
– speak to the village about maybe opening up the bowling alley
– set up farmers market
– have local musicians play outdoors
– find a group to bbq/sell hot-dogs, hamburgers
– find volunteers to run a cabaret/lip synch
– have something at the rec centre?
– OPEN TO SUGGESTIONS/VOLUNTEERS STEPPING FORWARD….
**Keeping in mind that insurance and food safe and all legal regulations will still be factors. Due to Seafest Society taking a break, these measures will not be in place so will limit some activities.